The COVID-19 pandemic has certainly caused a global health crisis. It has affected around 214 countries and territories with two international conveyances. Till date there have been over 38.5 million affected cases at the global level and the death count stands at 1.1 million. There are cases where a person affected by COVID is dying because of nervous breakdown and other mental problems. Apart from this, countries had imposed nationwide lockdowns in order to curb the exponential growth of the coronavirus. Although, the lockdowns might have helped in some way, it is true that till date we haven’t been able to bring the situation under control.
Lockdowns imposed by governments have forced people to stay at their homes and have tried to impose social distancing norms. As a result, there are many people who are stuck in different cities are not able to reach their natives. Also, a huge number of people have lost their jobs as the recession period continues to navigate through this COVID period. People, not being able to get out of their homes are getting frustrated and stressed. As a result, they are ending up with mental breakdowns and other mental ailments. People’s lifestyles have changed as they are working remotely from their homes. The pressure of meeting sharp deadlines along with maintaining household chores is causing people to breakdown mentally. Hence, it is very important to take care of your mental health during this pandemic. Certainly, you need to take precautions against the deadly coronavirus by following the lockdowns and social distancing norms but it is also important to maintain your mental health in order to survive this pandemic. Below are 7 effective strategies that one can follow to keep his/her mental state healthy.
- Maintain a proper routine and meditate: Meditation gives peace of mind. Try to take deep breaths after certain intervals and engage yourself in free hand exercises and stretches. Also maintain your daily routine in such a way that you sleep timely and have your meals at the right time. Try to have a balanced diet. This would not only regulate your stress and keep you mentally healthy but also will help you in building up your immunity. So take up your sport shoes and start working out. Planning to buy new sport shoes? Look for Fila discount codes to get some amazing offers on sport shoes.
- Maintain connections: Talk out more often with your loved ones when you feel depressed. Thinking too much alone might build up to mental stress and headaches. Rather, call your loved ones and feel free to discuss the situation and talk out your emotions
- Keep a backup plan ready: While planning for anything, keep a backup plan ready. Cancellation of plans can add a lot of stress. To avoid that, always take cancellations into account and be ready with a plan B.
- Distract yourself from news and social media: It is important that you take regular breaks from news or social media. Switch to your hobbies and try to spend more time on the things that you always wanted to do but didn’t have much time to start. Maybe if you are passionate about music, listen to music of your favourite genres. But if you like shopping, do not physically go out to malls. Rather, try searching for Tommy Hilfiger discount codes and get your shopping done online at amazing prices.
- Try not to think much about profits and try not to take bold decisions: The pandemic has had a huge impact on the global economy. There is always an uncertainty with every single thing so taking bold decisions might hit you hard if things don’t work out. Rather try to slow things down and take decisions wisely.
- Do not indulge in intoxicating activities: People not able to cope up with challenging situations take up intoxications as their solution. Limit taking intoxications like alcohol or tobacco as excess of these would cause nothing but harm to your body by reducing your immunity levels and making you more vulnerable to the coronavirus.
- Spend Quality time with your family: Try not to stress yourself out by watching movies, playing games and communicating with your family. Remember, family is your best medicine to mental stress. Maybe play with your family, do some online shopping and what you need more here, search for Foot Locker coupon codes and get amazing discounts on shoes if you would love to gift some healthy days to your family.
If you feel anytime that your stress levels have exponentially grown, seek immediate medical assistance. This pandemic has really caused a crisis situation in the world. Researchers have been working all day and night attempting to discover a vaccine. Well, obviously this situation has to end but when does it end, is a matter of time.