A person always effort and work hard for his comfort and relaxation. Life goes on with these ups and downs. What a person wants while returning from a strenuous job? The answer is he wants to get into his bed immediately, lay down for some time, making him comfortable. Yes, the bed along with its mattress is no doubt a loving thing for a tired person. He finds it as a blessing especially at the time, after spending a hectic day at work. The person gets physically and mentally exhausted. The home is a place of peace and calm with a pleasing ambiance if well maintained. But it gets difficult for an office going man to keep up his house and its belongings. He may overlook the nattiness at times, just because of a fatigued body. But still, ignorance may lead you to uncomfortable circumstances.
The mattress to whom you find everything at home needs a good cleaning for a living. The mattress cleaning is a part of detailed household chores. It should be kept neat and clean, up to the mark. Your body gets rest over it. It gives you soothing effect once you lay down. But in other cases, the dirty and untidy mattresses become a cause of discomfort. You find it difficult to relax on it. The smell coming from the mattress may annoy you. Your mood changes to a disturbing phase. Such a thing produces negative vibes, making the home atmosphere unappealing.
How to clean the mattress at home?
The mattress cleaning is not a big deal if you are willing to do it. You just need to be motivated and hardworking. The lazy attitude is not bearable in household chores as it may be devastating sometimes. The financial loss as well as the mental disturbance is not good for a healthy body. A healthy body and a peaceful mind is a source of good living. So you must effort for it. There are many DIY methods to clean the mattress. Some of them are discussed below:
- First of all, remove all the bed linings from the mattress. It’s the best time to wash your bed-sheets too.
- Take the mattress to an open area so that your furniture is not affected by moisture.
- Take a vacuum cleaner and start applying from upside to downside, covering all sides of the mattress. It will help in eradicating the hair fall from your body, dust if any, and allergens.
- Now prepare a solution of baking soda 6 tablespoons, 1 cup of vinegar, and 2 cups of water. Shake it well. Pour it inside the spray bottle.
- Spray this home-made solution over all the surfaces of the mattress. Do not drench it with liquid.
- Leave it for about 1 hour. Wait for the magical result.
- After resting, now take a damp cloth and rub softly over the foam. The stains get eliminated.
- Then rinse it carefully with the least water content.
- Take out dryer vacuum and turn it on. Start moving the dry cleaner from one side to another.
- Also open up the windows and turn on fans for speedy drying.
- Don’t forget to use the disinfecting spray. It will help in removing the mildews and pathogens produced due to your body sweat and shed off dead skin cells. These things give room to microorganisms to grow and replicate. The sanitizer helps in eradication to keep you safe and protected.
You can also use another solution spray to get your mattress white again. The sweat of your body leaves behind yellow stains. They can also be cleared. Take hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and vinegar. Make a homogeneous solution of it. Add water too. Apply and see the results. It will refresh your mattress once again with whitish and sparkling appearance.
Take expert services
Yes, you can opt the professional services if you are not finding it easy to do it yourself. This can be fantastic. The experts are no doubt well-reputed in the cleaning field. The professionals of mattress cleaning Melbourne are no doubt remarkably doing their job. They have made it easy and effective. The experts take away the linings of bed and then shift it to a garage where they can easily clean it. With the help of vacuum cleaner, they evict dust, pet dander, microbes, and hair fall. They do not shampoo the mattress which is the best strategy. They apply steam cleaning technology.
This is the latest and safest one. It does not damage the foam or fabric of the mattress. The machine evacuates intense steam which is incorporated into the bed mattress. This steam eliminates the stains and microbial colony if present. Then dryers are used to evict moisture from the bed mattress. As this technique does not use a lot of water, therefore the mattress foam is easily dried up. The sanitizer is sprayed afterward to clear the foam of mattress from bacterial infection.