Similar to the AT&T telecommunication services that provide webmail services, the very famous Comcast Corporation—a global media and technology company also provides a webmail service through its Xfinity cable as well as phone subscription packages with having all new users interface and advanced security features. Isn’t it amazing that all the Xfinity subscribers can get the opportunity to have an email account along with their phone subscriptions! Not only that; the subscribers can even create up to a total of six secondary Comcast webmail addresses with each individual account.
As of now, the company has more than 50 million subscribers from all across the world. Therefore, considering the remarkable customer service, reach and popularity of Comcast Corporation, we’ve come out with this blog to help all those subscribers of ‘Comcast Xfinity Cable’ who want to sign up for Comcast.net webmail service to enjoy all its benefits. Along with the process of how to sign up for Comcast email, this blog also includes details about how to sign in to the Xfinity Comcast account, and how to deal with various Comcast account login issues. So, let’s get started:
How to Sign Up for Comcast Email?
- To begin the Sign-up process, visit this official link “https://www.xfinity.com/” to open the Comcast website.
- From the website, click on the ‘Sign-in’ option which is there located on the top-right hand corner of the website’s home page.
- Then, you’ll be navigated to the ‘Comcast.net login’ page.
- There, look for the ‘Don’t have a username, create one’ option and simply click on the same in order to further navigate to a new page.
- On this new page, you’ll be asked to provide information for any of these three options—
- Phone Number
- Security Number
- Account Number
- Enter the information and hit the ‘Continue’ button to further provide the details like your Zip code and address.
- In continuation, you’ll also need to agree to the ‘Sign-in instructions’ to finally complete your sign-up process for the Comcast email account and to create a user ID as well as a secure password for the same. (Note: This is the same ID you can further use in the future to create 6 secondary email accounts if needed)
That’s it! Once you have completed the sign-up process, you can immediately start using your Comcast services by using the below-mentioned steps.
How to Login to Comcast Email Account?
- In order to login to your Comcast email account, visit the ‘Xfinity.com’ link from your preferred web browser.
- From there, click on the ‘Email Icon’ which is there at the screen’s top-right corner to reach on the next page.
- On the page, enter your Comcast Xfinity ID and Password that you’ve created during the sign-up process.
- Then, type the characters (available on the screen) in the “Type the moving characters” text box to confirm that you’re not a robot.
- After that, click on the ‘Sign In’ button in order to navigate yourself to the Xfinity Connect, Comcast email dashboard, voice mail, and text services, etc.
- That’s it! From there, access your Comcast email account simply by clicking on the ‘Mail’ button.
However, after completing the above-mentioned sign-in process, if you can’t access your Comcast email account then, don’t worry as this is a very occasional scenario. Like any other email service, Comcast.net email service also encountered various login issues but fortunately, most of the problems with your Comcast email can be easily solved by performing some basic troubleshooting. So, have a look on how to deal with Comcast login issues?
Troubleshooting Tip 1: Check whether there’s a Comcast Email Service outage in your area or not simply by visiting the site ‘Downdetector.in’ and if the server is down then, contact the local administrator in order to help you in fixing the same!
Troubleshooting Tip 2: Make sure that there’s no fault in your web browser from which you’re accessing your Comcast email account simply by optimizing your browser and to do so, clear its browsing data (that include history, cache, and cookie) from the browser’s privacy settings! Also, you can update your web browser’s version and even remove all the plugins as well as add-ons from the browser that might be interfering with your Comcast email service.
Troubleshooting Tip 3: Try temporarily disabling your Windows Firewall by navigating from the ‘Windows Control Panel’ and ‘Windows Firewall Settings’ to ‘Turn off Windows Firewall’ option; as it can also block your Comcast email service from working.
Troubleshooting Tip 4: Access your Comcast account from the desktop email program i.e., MS Outlook using the following ‘IMAP and SMTP’ server settings—
- Comcast.net (Comcast) SMTP Server
- SMTP Port: 587
- SMTP Security: STARTTLS
- SMTP username: Your full Comcast email address
- SMTP password: Your Comcast.net password
- Comcast.net (Comcast) IMAP Server
- IMAP Port: 993
- IMAP Security: SSL / TLS
- IMAP Username: Your full Comcast email address
- IMAP password: Your Comcast.net password
That’s all! Hope you now have a clear understanding of the process of how to sign up for Comcast email service, how to sign-in to your Comcast email account and how to effectively deal with the occasionally encountered Comcast login issues. However, if required you can also take further assistance from the technical website like ‘Getassist’.