Protein supplements or protein powders are a very common term that you must have heard many times in your gym or from any fitness enthusiasts. If you are wondering why it is so important, and what is the best source of protein for you? Then you must read this article. Protein is an essential micronutrient that is required for building muscle, repairing tissues, and producing various enzymes and hormones in our body. Regular consumption of protein powder is also known to aid weight loss and help tone your muscles.
Types of Protein Powder:
- Whey: This is a water-soluble protein which is a by-product of milk and is popular among athletes, bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. Whey protein is of three types Concentrate, Isolates, and Hydrolysate. This type of protein supplements contains all the essential amino acids that are needed by our body. Whey protein supplements are quick and easy to digest.
- Casein: Casein protein powders are rich in glutamine which is an amino acid that is known to speed up the muscle recovery after a strenuous exercise. Casein is also a by-product of milk. Our body takes more time to digest this type of protein supplements, so it is advisable to consume the supplement at night.
- Soy: Soy protein is the best alternative to whey or casein protein powders and contains all the essential amino acids. People who are allergic to dairy products won’t be able to consume whey or casein, so they can consume soy protein supplements without any second thought.
- Pea: Most of the plant-based protein powders available in the market contain pea protein which is a good source of amino acid arginine. Pea protein powders are an excellent and high-quality alternative to soy protein and dairy proteins supplements.
- Hemp: Hemp seeds contain essential fatty acids and are hemp supplements are an excellent protein source for vegans and for those with soy or dairy allergies.
Are you wondering where to buy supplements online? Then, you can check out the online stores like Amazon, MuscleBlaze and HealthKart. These are some of the best sites to buy supplements in India.
Before getting into the crux of protein powder, let us have a quick glance at some of the benefits of incorporating protein in your daily diet :
- Protein powders help people with obesity and overweight and aids in weight loss
- Protein supplements are a rich source of antioxidants
- A good quality protein supplement helps in building body mass and bulk up your muscles
- Protein supplements help in increasing your metabolism rate
- These products ensure rapid recovery of damaged muscles during workouts and strenuous exercises
- Protein supplements like Soy are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are known to be ideal for better heart health.
- These supplements help in boosting your immunity, increasing your strength and making your bones stronger.
The benefits of buying protein supplements from the best site to buy supplements in India are that you will get only authentic and cost-effective products. Moreover, Online stores often provide their customers with surprises like discounts, buy one get one free offers and more.