Coworking spaces are everyone’s favorite these days and yes, the reasons for the same are much satisfying and justifiable. Who doesn’t want all the amenities they need to build their empire with very much less investment?
Today, a lot of people are converting their office spaces to co-working spaces after identifying the immense opportunities they provide. But, most of the times, people face difficulties with having a relatively small space for a coworking space. But, worry not if you have faced such a problem.
When you try to convert your small office into a coworking space, make sure that you keep an eye on these facts! Due to the increasing population, cities are getting crowded. Sneed offers coworking space in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and all the major cities that are well designed with the space bigger and brighter with the space of privacy to the people in coworking spaces.
Why do people demand bigger spaces?
- With several startups working together, people do need a bigger space to accommodate themselves with their required amenities.
- There can be freelancers too who find the space to work instead of their congested home offices.
- With less space and more people, the basic idea of co-working space is not justified.
Tips to make your co-working space bigger and brighter
You can make modifications to your co-working space according to the workers you expect there. Amenities have to be arranged based on the types of equipment they use. The method of renting out your space and the projected income must all be preplanned before you start making modifications to your space.
1. Clutter: A big No
- When you transform your space into a co-working space, make sure you start with cleaning the area.
- Remove anything that you do not use or do not need.
- Reduce the number of unwanted furniture, making it easier for users to move around without difficulties.
- Do not cover the wall with a lot of pictures. Keeping things off site and clearing the room can make the room look bigger automatically.
- Keep the floor clean always. Large rugs can be taken out. This creates the illusion of more floor space.
2. Selecting furniture
- When selecting the furniture, use the ones which are lightweight.
- Also, use the ones which can hold more people. Tables with the capacity to host more people and their laptops or working equipment are of good choice.
- Bean bags, easy foldable chairs, etc can be kept as standby and can be used when all the other furniture is used up.
- Multi-purpose furniture is the trend at present. Sofas with extra storage area underneath, shelves within the wall itself are all a few ideas that can save space and increase the utility of your co-working space. Mobile furniture, tables, and chairs with wheels also help in this regard.
- Using these kinds of furniture can increase the usability of the space. Foldable chairs and tables can be used to have meetings, and when they have moved away, the same space can be used as a recreational space. This increases the efficiency of the space too.
- Use a piece of focal furniture in all the rooms. One eye-catching point in a room an all the other decors can be brought to a minimum.
3. Using colours.
- Using dull colours in a room can create a congested feeling in the room. Hence light shades are recommended in a co-working space to make it look bigger and brighter.
- Using a contrast colour to decorate one of your walls. Also, using lighter and soft colours for the walls make them look farther back, making an illusion of a bigger space.
4. Effective use of lighting
- Natural light is a big friend of opening up space. Allow a large amount of sunlight to enter the room.
- If there are a lot of windows that are large enough, minimize the use of curtains and keep them open.
- Few lighting fixtures can be done to correct the lighting setups to make the room look brighter.
- In the absence of sunlight, effective bright artificial lights can be used. If the outside view is not that great, you can use plants, decors etc to keep near the windowpane.
5. Use of mirrors
- Mirrors are one big tool to create the illusion of depth in the room. Mirrors reflect the interiors of the room.
- Placing mirrors at the angles that reflect both natural light and artificial light s the key.
- Mirrors kept on walls and on glass tables will make space feel larger.
6. Pop up your ceiling
- The conventional ideologies tell you to make the ceiling clean as possible.
- But, decorating your ceiling with a strong pop-up design can attract the viewers’ attention and give them an illusion of a higher ceiling.
7. Modifications on the right track
- After the room has been well corrected and arrangements are done, it is time you modify the room with enough changes that you need.
- If you decide on making the meeting room table with a few chairs, make sure you prepare the lounge area too with the same effect. Use plenty of plans o make the atmosphere fresh.
Apart from the decors and tips to make the co-working space look bigger and brighter, you need to make sure of all the amenities that a space requires to attract the users. Basic facilities like speed internet connection, printers, coffee area, and similar elements that will attract the users are a must. When you ace difficulties with providing a bigger space, make sure that you provide these to compensate for the same. Find what is relevant to the users and advertise based on the same. Co-working spaces are the biggest rely of a freelancer or a startup when it comes to networking and working together or to arrange meetings. Hence, make sure that you help the new brains to achieve for them and society.